Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bites, Jewish Private Schools and The Wheels on the Bus

Well, the Dr. said the bites were of indeterminate pests but they weren't infected (yet) so we were put on Bite Watch 2006.

We went to a Baby Lap Sit storytime today and Miss F had a blast (we went to one on Monday, too...are you surprised I'd drive all over town to various libraries? I should hope not). We sing songs like "The Wheels On the Bus" and the librarian reads stories, does flannel board stuff and then they throw out a bunch of toys and the kids go berserk. The librarian announced today that she's leaving to be a private school librarian. Which private school? Well, the Jewish elementary that feeds into my middle/high school. Crazy small world, it is.

Since Miss F got her bites, I can tell people check her out and probably wonder what they are--bites, birthmark, mumps?!? No one has ever asked because people are polite (sometimes). When it was playtime at the lapsit a mom came up and said "I've never seen anyone besides Karen (her daughter) react to mosquito bites like that. She's allergic to them and it looks like your daughter is, too. Use tea tree oil to take out the redness".

So, I think we've discovered the Who, What, Why, Where and When of Miss F's bite situation and I'm off to Whole Foods or a Health Store to find tea tree oil.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Wow, do you think she'll develop mosquito-like superpowers because of the bites? Like Spider-man?

/probably not
//that would be cool though

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. B! I have to tell you that I think you have the most beautiful daughter on the planet. Mr. MacB and I always talk about how we've never seen such an adoarble child and we hope ours (someday) are as lovely as Miss F. Even with the mysterious bites, there is not a cuter baby!

:) Emily (of Jay & Emily)