Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sun, Sand and Crocodiles


I had a great Girls Weekend. We don't have any acts of jacka$$ery to report (nor tomfoolery or any other usually drunken-type escapades). We woke up each morning to see the sunrise (and yes, we woke up, it wasn't likethe old days where we hadn't even gone to bed yet). After a bit of chatting and lounging in the PJs we'd eat and head down to the beach. We'd sun, swim, read and gossip for a few hours, go in, shower, eat lunch and then watch movies, sun some more or just chat until the sun went down. Good times. I am just a tad bit sorry I don't have anything more exciting to report--I wish I'd had a blog a few years ago....

Miss F is getting her top two teeth. I attempted to get a toothy grin on camera but alas, she was in no mood to show her pearly whites. She says "MaMa" all the time now so I know she loves me. She can walk behind her little buggy-thing (I think it's actually a car) for a bit before the buggy keeps moving and she stays still which ends in a face-plant (we make sure to cheer her on when she takes a digger so she'll become a physical comedieanne like Lucille Ball)

I head to NYC on Thursday night. I'm staying at a hotel on Central Park South. Sounds like a very posh, boutique hotel right in the heart of things. I only have an hour or two to explore so I'll more likely window shop and do a little Mary Tyler Moore montage (OK, I know that was in Minneapolis but whenever I'm in a big city, I think of the opening credits to that show). I'm really crossing my fingers that Patrick Dempsey is the celebrity guest on the show. Wouldn't that be fantastic? I've had a rough couple weeks lately, I think I deserve a little good karma, don't you?

In the news of working at a Jewish, kosher school...I accidentally took a meat lovers pizza to work. Pork sausage and ham AND cheese touching all the meat. Bad, bad employee.

On a sad note, farewell Crocodile Hunter. I will always remember where I was when I found out you were gone. I was in the bathroom in Port Aransas, TX .



1 comment:

Carey said...

How are you dealing with the fact that her hair now lays flat on her head and she is just so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it?