Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm still winning on the Cabbage Patch Kid that I want (er, I mean for Miss F). I put in an outrageous bid (Mr B if you're reading this it's for our daughter, really it is) so I think I may get it.

I have a new goal in life. You might think it's raising Miss F to be an upstanding citizen, or maybe keeping my house clean or being Superwoman and doing it all--work, childrearing, housekeeping. It is none of those....though I do plan on trying to be Superwoman, complete with the cool blue and red spandex outfit...nope, my goal is to complete my The Firm workout video. So far I can last for 20 minutes and then my muscles fail and I pretty much fall to the floor. Miss F enjoyed watching me attempt the video from her vantage point in her swing. She was sleeping when I started but my groans must have woken her up because I looked over as I collapsed and she was awake and watching mommy be a wimp.

The doctor had recommended that I gain 25lbs during pregnancy. There must be a magic formula for figuring out how much will just melt away after the baby is born because 25lbs went bye-bye in the first 2 weeks. However, I gained 29lbs and those last 4 lbs are just hanging in there, enjoying being a part of me. I was also informed by said doctor that even if I lose the weight, my body won't ever be the same and I may not ever fit back into my old clothes. I guess I should be happy that I basically have a doctor's note to go shopping for a new wardrobe. I am using The Firm video to try to prove her wrong....me against the medical world.

Miss F has the hiccups. She's a very hiccupy baby. She wakes up hiccuping. We go to her doctor (my doctor's husband so I'm sure we help them with their mortgage each month) on Thursday and I'm going to find out how normal hiccups are. Maybe she'll beat that woman (or was it a man) in the Guinness Book of Records who hiccuped for 24 years or something like that.

No comments: