Friday, December 16, 2005

I won! I won! Beverly Allie joins our family. Not only was she born on Miss F's birthday but she has butterflies in her hair. Butterflies always remind me of my sister, Melissa, so when I saw the butterfliesI knew this was a special doll for Miss F to have. I'll tell her its a gift from her Aunt in heaven( and Aunt Melissa always did have expensive tastes so it's even more appropriate--I can't believe I just spent $50 on a Cabbage Patch Kid)

Miss F got her shots yesterday. I will count it as the first experience where the pain my child was in was nothing compared to the pain I felt watching two nurses hold her while she screamed and cried and all I could do was stand there and wait until they told me I could pick her up. It took everything in my power not to just snatch her up and run after they gave her the first round (there were 4 shots total). She was pretty upset for an hour or two but after some infant Tylenol and a warm bottle, she was back to her normal self. She didn't even miss getting fussy at her 'witching hour' (8 p.m.)

No comments: