Friday, January 02, 2015

2015: A blog odyssey

A few weeks ago the girls discovered the books I'd made from the blog I started in December of 2005.  Back then, pre-cell phones with cameras and pre-facebook, I would take photos with a digital camera and then patiently upload the photos and then sit down and create long, news-filled blog posts about my new baby Miss F.  Friend and family followed the posts and even started blogs themselves--it was fun to read and keep up with folks via our blogs.  And at the end of each year, I'd create a hardbound book with all my blog posts and photos as a keepsake. It was a different time and place, I guess. 

Enter a 2nd child (McButter in blog speak), Facebook and cellphones with cameras. Suddenly my blogging went down to once a month, then once every few months then maybe three times a year.  I haven't had enough blog information to publish a book in over 2 years!  As far as I can tell, Facebook won't allow me to create a book of my posts and photos to keep for the future. 

So, hello 2015 and hello BFamily blog once again.  When the urge strikes to post to Facebook, especially about the kids and family stuff, I'll post here.  I hope to bring back my weekly posts of answering a prompt from the book "For Our Children's Children".  I hope this helps me expand more on our experiences, the ups and downs and the vomit (which, looking back in some of the blog books, I blogged about a lot--cat vomit, dog vomit, even my own vomit....good stuff). so that the girls can once again enjoy looking back and reading about their/our lives.


1 comment:

megan said...

Where's the 'like' button? :)